Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Well, Hello

Yes, yes I am making the plunge into blogger-hood.  I don't know whether to feel pride or shame; I guess I am in somewhere in the middle--shide--or--prame.  Despite the slight shame I am experiencing, there are many practical reasons that I have chosen to enter the blogging world...

1. I am not a consistent journal writer, and people are telling me that someday my offspring just might want to know what my life was like...or something like that.  Admittedly, they are probably right.

2. Despite my youthfulness, I don't have the greatest long term memory.  When I am old and wrinkly I want to be able to read back on all the fun adventures I went on and laugh so hard that I fall out of my wooden rocking chair.

3. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, so not only is this a way I can testify of what I know to be true, but it is a way for me to see how my own testimony has grown as I share it with others. Plus, I am studying the New Testament at BYU and needed a semester long project...and thus, this blog was born.


4.  I have a really exciting life.
By the way I typed the above sentence, you should realize that statement is a complete lie.  If you didn't catch that, consider this a confession.  Ever since I was young I have enjoyed playing pretend though, so just pretend with me for a while, okay?  Maybe if I pretend long enough, my aspiration for an exciting life will become a reality.


5.  Everyone is doing it.  I am in no way supporting giving into peer pressure (unless that peer is pressuring you to eat delicious food, then by all means succumb to the temptation), but I have not jumped on many bandwagons in my days, and I have decided that this is a bandwagon that has many justifiable reasons for being leapt upon.  Hence this list.



6. I enjoy MANY things: reading, writing, drawing, photography, friends, family, doing hair, the list goes on and on.  I don't profess to be an expert in any of these categories, but what little I do know I want to record in blog form for my own sake, and I guess if others want to look at the things I enjoy doing, they can too.  But again no judgment please, I am not in any way shape or form an expert in any of these categories.  Nor am I an expert in the English language, so if I use the wrong form of "your" or "there" by mistake please just cool your jets and understand that for the most part I do know English rules, but I am not perfect.  So all you grammar Nazis out there, just relax.

7. By recording on the world wide web what I am doing in my life I don't have to talk to my family and update them on my life.  They can just read my blog and be updated on the latest happenings.  I mean seriously, this is a classic two birds one stone scenario.

8.  #7 is a joke.  (No, that is not read "hashtag seven.")


9.  I can't think of anymore reasons, but it would probably kill me to stop at reason #8 considering I dislike even numbers with a fiery passion.

So, consider this list your official welcome.  Welcome to my blog.  Welcome to my not-so-exciting, even less perfect life.

No comments:

Post a Comment