Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mia Familia

Want to meet my family?

Course you do! In part because you don't want to make me feel bad (do you?) and also they are the greatest.

Lets start at the top...

Dad: Aka Glen, Father, Padre, or VIP

He will respond to any and all of these however, VIP is his and frankly, MY personal favorite because to me he truly is a Very Important Person.  He has always worked so hard to provide for my family.  He is always putting himself first, sometimes I just want to say STOP.  But seriously he is the greatest.  I learned to work hard at a very young age because he taught me how rewarding it is.  First work, then play.  Also he is really funny and we can just laugh really hard together. And who doesn't love to laugh?

Mom: Aka Sara, Mother, Mother-Dear, or MOMMMMMM (usually yelled in a whiny or desperate voice)

She is always there to laugh with and cry with, and there has probably been inappropriate amounts of both throughout my life.  Sometimes we laugh so hard we cry, and other times we cry so hard we laugh.  She is the most service-minded person that I know.  Honestly, it seems like everyday she is making food for a neighbor or going to visit someone who is sick.  I try to tell her to calm it down, but she doesn't listen. She is basically my best friend and we don't have to be doing anything in particular but we still have fun.  She taught me nearly everything I know: how to cook, clean, laugh, play, work, and find joy in every moment of this journey we call life.  

Tyson: Aka Tys, Ty-Ty, or Elder Swallow

Currently my brother is serving in the Cordoba Argentina mission, and loving every minute of it.  He will return home in just a few days!  He is one of the funniest people that I know, but he doesn't know it.  He is much quieter than I am, which only makes him all the more awesome.  He is obsessed with the outdoors, and probably would prefer to live in the mountains than be around actual civilization, but personally I am really grateful that he is around, or I guess that he will be again soon.

ME: Aka Ashlan, Aslan, Asher, Ashi, Ash, Ashy-Kinz, Ya-Ya

I attend good ol' Breed 'Em Young University.  I am just starting my second year, and am planning on studying Neuroscience and then going to PA school.  I had amazing experiences my freshman year and I can't wait to see what else is in store! You can bet your bottom dollar that I will have some fun/awkward stories to share about the BYU/Provo social scene. 

Isaac: Aka Ike, Ikester, Ike-O, Ike-O Wike-O

This kid is pretty funny, and likes to take awkward selfies your phone and sets it as the background...so I guess you could say I enjoy having him around.  He is always watching out for those who are left out and is a great friend to everyone he meets.  

Jaxxon: Aka Jaxx, Jaxxster, Jaxxster Paxter, Jaxxter Paxter Waxter, you get the idea, it goes on and on, probably because having x's in your name is just too fun.

Jaxxon and I are a lot alike.  We think a lot alike and find humor in the same things.  That is probably why we make awesome videos lip syncing to frozen...Also, he usually takes my side in arguments, and so that is an obvious plus.

McKade: McKade-O, Mack

Basically, this kid is smarter than anyone I know.  Seriously, I can't wait until he grows up because then cancer will be cured, no big deal.  He is going to do great things in life.

Slade: Slade-O, Conno, Conno-swaylo, (Just don't ask about these mmkay?)

Well when my mom told me that this kid was going to be a boy I bawled my eyes out, so that pretty much sums up our relationship.  KIDDING! I love this kid, he just a cutie.  He laughs in every situation...seriously, whether he is sad, mad, scared, hurt, or happy he is laughing, so reading his emotions is a tricky business to be in.  I am glad I have him around even if he is the fifth brother that I didn't think I could handle.

Malaree: Mal, Mali, Mala-moosey

My first sister.  The dream I waited 12 years to get.  She doesn't disappoint.  She is very girly and enjoys hair, makeup, dress up, kitties, the WORKS.  Sometimes I even get roped into watching Barbie movies with her, and when I say get roped into I really mean I volunteer as tribute.  Barbie movies are the best. Enough said.

MarKae: Markaisha, Marga, Margraceray, or Baby Sister

Well she is the baby of the family, so you can probably figure out the rest.  She is pretty shy around other people, but that doesn't stop her from getting what she wants  Honestly, how could you resist this face?  She might be shy around strangers but she and I love to chat about how her day went, how the cats are doing, or whoever was mean to her that day at home, so I can go get revenge for her.  She is very mature for her little age, and is just a sweetie that will melt your heart when she smiles.

So there you have it.  The crazies that I deal with everyday.  In case you lost count that is a mom, a dad, 5 brothers, and 2 sisters, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment