Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Giving Thanks

Yes, it is Thanksgiving time, so YES I will be making the cliche list of things that I am grateful for.  If you are not into that, then feel free to stop reading now.  This list is more for my sake than for anybody else.

Here it goes...

1) Family.  Duh. Family is always number one. Over the summer when I was spending the summer with my family I realized how truly blessed I am to have a family that I can look forward to seeing after I got home from work each night.  My heart goes out to all those in the world who don't have that.  Who live in fear every day they go home.  Plus, my family is just super fun and awesome in general.



2) School.  I don't always act very grateful for school and all the work that comes with it, but I truly do love to learn.  I am lucky to have the opportunity to be at Brigham Young University continuing my education.  I realize that not everyone has this opportunity and I wish I was better about not taking this for granted.


3) Health.  I have been blessed with a body that functions fully.  God gave me this body, and I know there are many time when I just rag on it, but truly I am grateful for it.  I am not in and out of hospitals daily weekly or monthly (though hospitals are something else that I am grateful for).  I have two arms and two legs and am fully capable of moving around and taking care of myself.  I recognize that many people deal with health challenges every day.

4) Water. When I was in Ecuador (maybe I will blog about this trip in the future) we had to be careful about the water that we drank and the foods that we ate because the water that they have is not clean!
One of the best things was when we came back to the U.S. and FINALLY were able to have some ice cold water.

6) Walmart: 24 hours a day.  What a beautiful thing.  If I need a quick toothpaste run or a quick ice cream run at 1 in the morning.  Walmart never fails.


7) Mountains/Living In Utah.  Anytime I travel I realize how BEAUTIFUL Utah is.  Being able to hike and just enjoy the beauty of nature is such an amazing gift.


8) Coconut.  Need I say more?  DELISH!  Best food ever.  Its delicious.  In basically ANYTHING.


9) Religion: I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I am a daughter of God and that God loves me and that EVERYTHING is going to work out.



10) Savior: I am so grateful that the Savior atoned for my sins and that I can make mistakes and improve and be better each day.

11) Missionaries: I am so grateful that so many youth go out and dedicate their time to serving the Lord and spreading the gospel.  They sacrifice so much.

12) Roommates: They are so patient with me and continue to teach me everyday.  So much fun. Dance Parties.  Random Adventures.  Girls Nights.

I have so much more to be grateful for, but I don't have all the time in the world because my professors/classes/friends/finals/studying require much of my time.  Peace and blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment